Domestic Appliance Field Service Engineer
Snellings is an Electrical Retail business selling, installing, renting and servicing Kitchen Appliances in Norfolk and North Suffolk. We have been established for over 70 years and employ 27 staff. We have two showrooms, Snellings in Blofield Heath, Gerald Giles in Ber Street, Norwich and a Service Department also in Blofield Heath, Norwich.
The Successful Applicant – We are looking for a Domestic Appliance Field Service Engineer to join our expanding service team. The ideal candidate will carry out diagnostics, repairs and servicing on all domestic white goods – washing machines, dryers, dishwashers and cooking appliances, whilst at the same time delivering exceptional customer service.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Field service calls to customers in Norfolk and North Suffolk.
- Assessing faults, diagnosing and repairing a variety of appliances (white goods) – some basic plumbing and electrical knowledge required.
- Fitting spare parts where required.
- Compiling a brief report on all repairs, capturing make and model info, recording details and issues, passing information to the service office coordinator.
- Invoicing customers and recording information for under warranty manufacturer repairs.
- Communicating with customers by phone.
Key Skills and Qualifications required:
- Previous experience as a white goods/domestic appliance engineer is beneficial but NOT essential.
- Good understanding of electrical and electronic principles and the ability to use in practice.
- Able to comply with the basic health and safety requirements of this role.
- Valid driving licence
- Provide friendly and excellent customer service
- Desire to learn and achieve new skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage your own time without supervision.
- A full-time post working 40 Hours per week, Monday – Friday
- You would be based from our Blofield Heath, Norwich Service operation or from home as required.
- Access to top brand Manufacturer training (From Bosch, Neff, Siemens, Miele and more)
- A competitive Salary based on experience.
- 20 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Excellent Company pension and Staff benefits.
- Trade price product purchase scheme.
- Profit Related Company Bonus scheme.
- Company Van
- Mobile Phone, Laptop and Specialist tools provided